A morning routine for natural hair is important because it helps keep 4c hair healthy, strong, and free of damage. In general, a good morning routine involves hydrating the hair with water and a light conditioner, and then styling with the appropriate products, such as a light oil or cream to protect the hair from the sun and harsh weather. Establishing a good morning routine helps keep your 4c natural hair looking beautiful and vibrant.
Even though a morning routine is important, there are some things you need to know before you get started. Let’s start with a simple definition for the term “morning routine” before we dive into more information.
Definition Of A Morning Routine
A morning routine for natural hair refers to a set of activities that you perform on your hair each morning to maintain its health and style. These activities may include cleansing, conditioning, styling, and protecting your hair. The specifics of a morning routine will vary depending on your individual hair care needs and preferences. Understand that some of these activities may or may not work for your hair. It all depends on whether your curl is coily, tight or loose. While it’s up to you to decide, here are some examples of what a morning routine for natural hair might include:
- Cleansing: Depending on your scalp and hair type, you may choose to cleanse your hair daily, every other day, or once a week. Cleansing your hair helps to remove excess oil, dirt, and product build-up from your scalp and strands.
- Conditioning: Conditioning helps to moisturize and detangle your hair, making it easier to style. You can use a rinse-out conditioner, leave-in conditioner, or deep conditioner depending on your hair’s needs.
- Styling: Depending on your desired style, you may choose to style your hair using products such as gel, mousse, or curl cream. Be sure to use products suitable for your hair type and avoid overloading your hair with product to avoid build-up.
- Protecting: You can protect your natural hair from the elements and heat damage by using a protective styling product or wearing a satin scarf or bonnet.
Why Morning Routines Keep 4c Hair Healthy
Having a morning routine for your 4C natural hair can help to keep it healthy and maintain its natural beauty. Here are a few reasons why a morning routine is important for 4C natural hair:
- Moisturization: 4C natural hair is prone to dryness and can benefit from regular moisturization. Incorporating a moisturizing product into your morning routine can help to hydrate your hair and keep it healthy.
- Protection: A morning routine can help you protect your hair from external damage. For example, using a leave-in conditioner or styling product can help to shield your hair from the elements and prevent breakage.
- Style maintenance: A morning routine can help you maintain the style of your 4C natural hair. Regular styling and re-moisturizing can help to keep your curls defined and prevent them from becoming frizzy or unmanageable.
- Healthy hair habits: Developing a consistent morning routine can help you establish healthy hair habits that can contribute to the overall health and beauty of your 4C natural hair.
Now just because having this routine is important, doesn’t mean it’s always easy. We all know what makes this habit so hard. The answer is easy: time. We all know our 4c hair is beautiful, but we need enough hours and minutes in the day to make all of this work. Keep reading to learn more about time and our tresses. The time it takes to get your hair together depends on whether your 4c hair length is short, medium or long.
How Long Does It Take To Style Short 4c Hair In The Morning
The amount of time it takes to style short 4c hair in the morning can vary greatly. This timing depends on a number of factors, such as the length and thickness of your hair, the specific style you are trying to achieve, and the tools and products you are using. Some people with short 4c hair may be able to style their hair in as little as 5-10 minutes, while others may take longer. It’s also worth noting that the more frequently you style your hair, the quicker you may become at doing it.
Remember to be gentle with your hair and to use products that are specifically formulated for curly hair. It’s also great to ask a stylist or trichologist for personalized advice on how to care for your 4c natural hair.short
How Long Does It Take To Style Medium 4c Hair In The Morning
The amount of time it takes to style medium length 4c hair in the morning can vary. It is likely to take longer than styling short 4c hair. This is because medium length hair tends to be thicker and may be more difficult to style. This is especially true when you are trying to achieve a specific look. The specific style you are trying to achieve and the tools and products you are using can also affect the amount of time it takes to style your hair. On average, it may take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to style medium length 4c hair in the morning. However, some people may be able to do it faster or it may take them longer depending on their individual c
How Long Does It Take To Style Long 4c Hair In The Morning
Styling long 4c hair in the morning can take a significant amount of time. It is generally recommended to set aside at least 30-45 minutes to style your hair. Styling long 4c hair in the morning takes more time because long 4c hair is typically thick and may be more difficult to style than shorter hair. The specific style you are trying to achieve and the tools and products you are using can also affect the amount of time it takes to style your hair. Some people with long 4c hair may need to set aside even more time to style their hair in the morning, particularly if they are trying to achieve a specific look or if their hair is particularly thick or resistant to styling. It’s also worth noting that the more frequently you style your hair, the quicker you may become at doing it.
Best Routine For Styling Hair In The Morning Before Work
Now we have a better idea of how long it will take to style your 4c hair whether its length is short, medium or long. This is great, specific information to have. Now let’s look at some more general information. We need to know some of the best tips for styling your natural hair regardless of length. Getting this routine down is very important when caring for your natural hair.
Here is a possible morning routine for styling 4c natural hair:
- Spray your hair with a leave-in conditioner or water to hydrate and moisturize your curls.
- Use a Goody comb with wide teeth or your fingers to untangle your hair very gently. Begin at the ends and work your way up to the roots.
- Apply a product to define your 4c curls, such as a gel or cream, to your hair. Be sure to evenly distribute the product throughout your curls.
- Use a hair tie or headband to hold your hair in place while you get dressed and ready for the day.
- When you are ready for styling, a cool hair dryer is great to set your curls. Alternatively, you can air dry your hair if you have the time.
- Once your hair is dry, use a silk or satin bonnet or scarf to protect your curls while you get ready to leave for the day. This will help to maintain moisture and reduce frizz.
I Can’t Find A Shower Cap Large Enough To Cover My 4c Natural Hair!
No doubt that many of us will complete our 4c hair morning routine and still have to take a shower. Taking a shower with 4c hair can really pose a problem and can keep our 4c hair from being healthy. Sometimes the steam from the shower can mess up our hair do and hairstyles. Most commonly, though, we can’t find a shower cap that’s big enough to cover all of our beautiful 4c natural hair.
I understand the difficulty you are facing in finding a shower cap that is large enough to cover your 4C natural hair. Some options you can consider include:
- Using a silicone shower cap: These shower caps are stretchy and can easily accommodate larger hair sizes.
- Using a fabric shower cap: Fabric shower caps are usually more spacious and can be adjusted to fit your hair size. Look for shower caps made of materials like cotton, which is more breathable and gentle on your hair.
- Using a satin bonnet: A satin bonnet is a good alternative to a shower cap and can be worn while you sleep to protect your hair. Satin is less abrasive on your hair compared to other materials and can help to reduce frizz and breakage.
- Using a hair wrap: You can also wrap your hair in a turban-style hair wrap before hopping into the shower. This will protect your hair and keep it in place while you shower.
Some Of The Best Brands Of Large Shower Caps
Here are a few brands that make large shower caps specifically designed for 4C natural hair and will help keep your 4c hair healthy:
- Turbie Twist: This brand offers shower caps made of microfiber material that is gentle on your hair and stretches to fit various hair sizes.
- TrendySupply Shower Caps: This brand makes shower caps to fit larger hair sizes. Their shower caps are made of a combination of nylon and spandex, which makes them stretchy and comfortable to wear.
- Shhhowercap: This brand offers a range of shower caps in different sizes, including a size designed to fit 4C natural hair. Their shower caps are made of a waterproof and breathable fabric that helps to keep your hair dry and healthy.
- Auban Extra Large Shower Cap: This brand makes satin-lined shower caps that are suitable for protecting 4C natural hair. The satin lining helps to reduce frizz and breakage, while the elastic band ensures a secure fit.
I hope these suggestions help you find a suitable shower cap for your 4C natural hair. It’s always a good idea to read reviews and try out a few different brands. One size doesn’t fit all, so find the one that works best for you.
What Are Some Pre-styles For 4c Natural Hair For Easier Morning Routines?
Once you find the best shower cap for your luscious tresses, that’s only half of the battle. If you have a hairstyle that you created the night before, you’d save a lot of time. This tip would make your morning routine that much easier.
So, here are a few pre-styles you can try for your 4C natural hair to make your morning routine easier:
- Braid-outs: Braid-outs are a great option for creating a stretched, defined curl pattern. To create a braid-out, braid your hair into small to medium-sized braids before bed and then unravel them in the morning for a natural, wavy look.
- Twists: Twists are another option for creating a defined curl pattern without heat. You can twist your hair into small to medium-sized twists before bed and unravel them in the morning for a bouncy, defined look.
- Bantu knots: Bantu knots are a stylish and low-maintenance option for 4C natural hair. To create this look, separate your hair into small sections and twist each into a part into a knot. Leave the knots in place overnight and unravel them in the morning for a defined, textured look.
- Pineapple: The pineapple is a quick and easy way to preserve your curls overnight. To create this look, gather your hair into a high ponytail. The ponytail should be on top of your head and secure it with a satin scrunchie or hair tie. This will keep your curls in place and help to reduce frizz while you sleep.
- Grace Eleyae Satin Lined Caps: Wearing a satin cap or sleeping on a satin pillowcase can help to protect your curls and reduce frizz while you sleep. This is a low-maintenance option that requires minimal effort in the morning.
How To Keep Your Morning Routine For 4c Hair If You Are Runing Late For Work
With all of this advice about a morning routine to keep 4c hair healthy, the inevitable can still happen. You can it the snooze on your alarm too many times. You can still run out of time.
Are you running late in the morning?
Here’s what you need to style your 4c hair quickly:
- Keep your hair stretched: One way to reduce styling time is to stretch your hair in the evening before you go to bed. You can do this by braiding or twisting your hair, or using a hair stretch tool. This will help to reduce the amount of time you need to spend styling your hair in the morning.
- Use a quick-drying product: Look for a curl defining product that dries quickly and helps to define your curls without weighing them down. This will allow you to style your hair more efficiently in the morning.
- Embrace your natural texture: If you are really short on time, try embracing your natural texture and styling your hair in its natural state. This can be as simple as fluffing your curls with your fingers and adding a little bit of product to define and enhance your natural curl pattern.
- Use a PuffCuff: If you need to get out the door quickly, you can use this safe hair cuff to hold your hair in place while you get dressed and ready for the day. This will help to keep your curls under control and out of your face.
What happens if you are so behind in schedule that you skip a day? You need to know how to respond if you skip some days and miss your morning routine for natural hair.
Missed It. Skipped It. Now What?
Skipping your morning routine for natural hair a few days here and there is unlikely to cause any major issues. However, consistently skipping your morning routine can have negative effects on the health and appearance of your hair. Here are a few potential consequences of skipping your morning hair care routine:
- Dryness and breakage: Neglecting to moisturize and protect your hair can lead to dryness and breakage. This is especially true if you live in a dry or humid environment, or if you are prone to dryness.
- Loss of definition: Skipping your morning hair care routine can result in loss of curl definition and lead to frizz. This can make your hair appear unkempt and difficult to style.
- Product build-up: Failing to cleanse and condition your hair regularly can lead to product build-up, which can make your hair heavy and create a greasy look and feel.
- Damage: Consistently skipping your morning hair care routine can lead to damage to your hair over time. This can apply if you are exposing your hair to heat or other harmful elements without proper protection.
I hope this helps you understand what can happen if you skip your morning hair care routine. Remember to be consistent and follow a regular routine to keep your natural hair healthy and looking its best.
Following these steps put you in position to have a great morning routine for keeping your 4c hair healthy.
What are your go-to morning routines for keeping your 4c curls healthy? Share with us below!
Looking for more ways to grow and love your healthy natural 4c hair, click here to buy the Hairlooms Book series featuring hair stories from Hollywood’s Nicole Ari Parker and renowned poet Maya Angelou!